Thursday, June 4, 2015

Baby Chua the First: Month Three (December 2014)

A little (big) scare this month as papa passed me the flu (I was misguided in thinking my immune system would be stronger rather than weaker when pregnant) and I had a few days of consistent high fever. 

One night we even drove to the emergency room at 4 in the morning! They thought I may have had dengue but tests came back negative. We were afraid it would affect you and scheduled a check up with the doctor. Our regular Dr, Prashant Nadkarni wasn't there so his colleague Dr. Natasha saw us, she said you would be fine.

We passed the 3-month mark and Dr. Prashant sent us to his sifu Prof. Raman to do a scan for high-risk markers and nuchal translucency. We'd always been amused by Dr. Prashant, his ease with our situation and his unwavering confidence (in himself, science, nature and us) that we would conceive, so to be sent to the one that taught him, wow. 

The wait for Professor Raman was probably longest I have waited for any doctor, but it was worth it, chatty, affable, confident, knowledgeable; and it turns out he groomed half the celebrated ObGyns in the country. We wanted to consider him as our OB but he only does high risk cases, he says it keeps him young ;) He said you looked good.

Baby Chua in 4D, lookit the tiny arms and legs!
On the morning sickness front, still felt pretty normal, though I developed a whole lot of sensitive boob.

The one issue that would persist throughout pregnancy? I went from someone who knew exactly what I was going to eat each meal, or wanted or craved; to someone who had NO clue, no cravings or inklings…leaving us in quite the predicament as I had always planned our meals. Sometimes I would be so disengaged that I would get too hungry and end up eating the first thing available. That and having to pee a thousand times a day.


Another big thing was that we decided early in the month that I would stop working full-time end January, leaving me with more flexibility to exercise and eat better, watching my back. I started to do prenatal yoga on YouTube twice weekly.

The Rozells Christmas tree, and your cousin Sebbie
We spent Christmas per usual in Penang, (taking our first flight after finding out about the pregnancy) where we also attended Fion and Alexis' wedding, then New Year’s Eve at home with the Rambits, aunt Maybel and grand-aunty June.


EeEee Cheryl and I on the day of Fion's wedding
NYE with the Rambits, aunty Maybel and grand aunty June (papa's side but aunty Maybel is also one of my close friends)
Now we had past the first trimester, and I was about to stop working, it was time to kick some contractor arse and also plan the babymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment