Wednesday, June 3, 2015

BabyChua the First: Months One & Two (October November 2014)

Dear Babychua,

And so, you begin slowly and surely on October 4th. After that first home pregnancy test and the following blood test at the fertility centre – which confirmed your existence, I did multiple home pregnancy tests. Whenever I needed reassurance I peed on a stick, your dad was quite amused by this. 

Peeing on sticks helped reassure me
We proceeded into the first trimester with great care, moving into our new home at the start of November – your Ama came to help papa with this and I went away on a work trip (the Chinese pantang moving house while pregnant). I arrived to Sri Murni in time for the first night. 

The next morning we woke up to 1.5 partially flooded rooms, the problems that ensued from this and other little things our irresponsible contractor did would last right up till May 2015 (mold, changing 80% of our wooden floorboards, moving furniture to accommodate all these changes and getting new built-ins etc). 

Waking up to water damage after night 1 in new home
I also took you for your first concert :D Mariah Carey. Papa was not happy.
Uncle Sean, one of mama's best friends

Mariah Carey in the rain, unfortunately her current sounds are not my bag, prefer Mariah of old
Towards the end of the November I developed sciatica, which was scary considering my history with slipped disc and how I would progress through the pregnancy. My doctor asked me to try and exercise more, but it wasn't really possible to do that regularly with my work schedule and commute. She planted a seed though.

Of the pregnancy itself, I was feeling pretty normal, a few days of being off seafood or meat, some bad skin, one or two barfing incidents. If there was exhaustion, I don't remember - maybe I worked through it. 

The last big work do in November- the Christmas Tree Lighting and Murder Mystery

At this point, your existence is still pretty unbelievable to me, but this is you:
First scan, a mere speck.

Second scan, a bigger speck.



No comments:

Post a Comment